Remember to enter Amazon via the VDARE.com link and we get a commission on any purchases you make—at no cost to you!
Radio Derb Is On The Air: Anti-Gay White Russia (Boycott!), Anti-Gay Nigeria (Legacy Of Colonialism), Etc.
Setting up this week’s podcast, I ran into a small but satisfying coincidence.
In the fourth segment I mentioned the new Russian laws prohibiting homosexualist propaganda, intending to lead on from that into speculations about the prospect of homosexualist protestors at the Sochi Winter Olympics. I paused to note:
One amusing side-effect of that is to show up the hypocrisy of the Western left. The government of Nigeria, for example, is far more intolerant of homosexuality than Russia's. On January 13th Nigeria's President, Goodluck Jonathan, signed a bill criminalising same-sex relationships, with penalties of up to 14 years imprisonment for transgressors.
Western liberals haven't made half as much fuss about that as they have about Russia's much milder proscriptions. Why? Because Western liberals hold it as an article of faith that only white people matter; that only white people can do good or evil; and that black people have no agency, being good when white people cause them to be good, and bad when we cause them to be bad. If you were to ask a liberal about Nigeria's laws, I'm sure he would tell you they are the fault of white people somehow—“legacy of colonialism,” probably.
I recorded that segment and posted the transcript. Then I did one more skim through the news websites for any other interesting topics I might pass comment on.
What should I find on the blog of the London Daily Telegraph but this, which had just been posted:
In Mwanga's case [i.e. King Mwanga II of 19th-century Uganda], it was the African king who was homosexual and the Europeans who introduced puritan morals into his court. Indeed, contemporary homophobia in developing countries tends to be rooted in and articulated through European-imported Christianity. That new Ugandan law probably owes a great deal more to St Paul than to native pagan culture. [“It was homophobia, not homosexuality, that was introduced to Uganda by Europeans,” by Tim Stanley, Daily Telegraph, January 24th.]
Among black populations, not a sparrow falls but the white man wills it. So liberals apparently believe. Talk about “white supremacy”!
(I have since added a link to Stanley’s piece in the Radio Derb transcript.)
The full Radio Derb playbill:
- The shove Gov. (The Governor of New York State wants conservatives to leave.)
- The Cold Civil War grinds on. (A gem from Thomas Sowell.)
- What does a gay salute look like? (Let’s just hope it doesn’t involve fists.)
- Going for the lavender. (The Gay Games are announced.)
- Our Self-Loathing Party. (Congressional Republicans ride to the President’s rescue.)
- My line on Steyn is really quite benign. (Mark Steyn’s legal troubles.)
- Truth and consequences on Global Warming. (Shoot messenger, read message.)
- No running in recess. (With or without scissors.)
- The disappearing middle. (Your kids will be either poor or rich.)
- It's a long way to Pondicherry. (How the colored folk defeated Kaiser Bill.)
- Enjoy a weekend of political incorrectness. (I’ll buy you a drink.)
- Advice to editors. (Don’t tug on Superman’s cape.)
It’s all there at Taki’s Magazine.