Not an immigrant mass murder, because no one is actually dead, but part of the same phenomenon:
By AnneClaire Stapleton, CNN
October 13, 2013
(CNN) — A man walked in and opened fire at a Hmong New Year`s celebration in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday night, injuring five people, police said.
Authorities don`t know what caused the man to begin shooting inside the Green Country Event Center. He has been arrested.
Two attendees were hit in the upper body, while the other three were struck in the arm and leg, said Tulsa Police Capt. Mike Williams.
They were between the ages of 30 and 60.
“One of the individuals will probably lose his lower leg,” Williams said.
A police helicopter that happened to be flying by saw a vehicle leaving the area. When officers tried to stop the car, they saw a passenger changing clothes, then throwing his hoodie and a gun from the car, Williams said.
Police believe the passenger, 19-year-old Ming Mee, was the shooter.
Both he and the driver, 21-year-old Boon Mee, were arrested. [More]
The Hmong people, also known as the Meo or Montagnards, are Southeast Asia`s version of wild Indians: indigenous hunters who fought as mercenaries on the American side in Vietnam, leading to the first Hmong immigration, although chain migration means they`re still coming. They will continue to a problem for some time to come, considering that actual Indians are still a problem in Tulsa.
There have been notable incidents of Hmong violence, some of them much more fatal, because unfortunately, they`re good shots. See Why Immigrants Kill, by the late Sam Francis.
While the Hmong problem is actually deadly serious, it`s also been the occasion for some bad puns. For hmore of that, see
- Hmong Gangster Is Sentenced in St. Paul for Gang Rape
- Hmong Wrong For America. America Wrong For Hmong.
- Hmore Hmong Violence in Hminneapolis
- Hmore Hmong? Polygamous Hmong?
- National Data | Hmemo to Hmayor Kelly: Take a Closer Look at the Hmong
- Not Just Hmong Murder Or Hmong Welfare, Hmong Immigration Fraud
- The Fulford File | From Our “We Told You So” Department—A Hmong Hmedley
- The Hmyth Of The Hmong
- This Hmong Show Has No Winners —Time To Cancel It