Remember to enter Amazon via the VDARE.com link and we get a commission on any purchases you make—at no cost to you!
Biwo Vot: Haitian Language Voters
But I don't want to talk about the Hispanic vote, I want to talk about the "Biwo Vòt" sign on a Florida polling station, right below the "Centro de Votación" sign. Apparently elections in Florida are now held in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole. (See a trilingual sample ballot in PDF.)
"Biwo Vòt" means voting office, I. E. Bureau De Vote. Haitian Creole is the language of Haitians who can't speak English, but don't really speak French, either.
But apparently they're now American citizens, and Miami is officially trilingual!
Here's a brief roundup on Haitian immigration—I wonder if there are Republicans stupid enough to try to pander to the Haitian vote?
- National Data | Haitian Immigrants Pretty Useless—But Haiti Still Needs Them More Than We Do
- Obama's Haitian Aid: Amnesty—and more immigration?
- Obama's Haitian Amnesty Kills. Remember Willie Horton?
- Rasmussen:70 Per Cent Of American Blacks Favor Haitian Immigration, Whites Not So Much
- Village Voice: VDARE.com Correct Exception on Haiti
- “Haitian Youth” Raymond Herisse And Urban Beach Week: Coming To An America Near You—Unless There’s An Immigration Moratorium
- Coming soon near you: A Haitian Deluge
- Wiser Than America: Neighboring Dominicans Refuse Haitian Influx