Remember to enter Amazon via the VDARE.com link and we get a commission on any purchases you make—at no cost to you!
Ann Coulter Praises Brimelow And ALIEN NATION On Dennis Miller; Lawrence Auster Not Satisfied
View From The Right's Lawrence Auster, AKA “The Man Who Is Never Satisfied”, has an item titled it As I hoped, Ann Coulter is addressing immigration again [November 07, 2012]
To which Auster replies:
“But where was she? Did she ever promote Buchanan’s and Brimelow’s views of immigration during her almost 20 years as a nationally prominent columnist? No. In her entire career she has written a total of two columns on the subject of immigration, only one of them (published last summer, when she began to realize that demographics likely doomed the Republican party) touching on legal immigration.”[More, all links added by VDARE.com]
Here is a list of both columns that Ann Coulter has written on immigration in recent, taken from a search of her website:
- April 12, 2006 Brown Is The New Black
- May 17, 2006 Read My Lips: No New Amnesty
- May 23, 2007 Importing A Slave Class
- May 31, 2006 Se Puede Get Two Years Tax-Free!
- June 6, 2007 Bush's America: Roach Motel
- August 22, 2007 1 Down, 11,999,999 To Go
- November 21, 2007 NYT: Suicide Manual For Dems
- November 28, 2007 NYT: An Undocumented Newspaper
- July 14, 2010 New Black Panthers, You're Free To Go—Not So Fast, Arizona
- August 18, 2010 Look Who's 'Nativist' Now!
- December 28, 2011 Only One Candidate Is Right On The Two Most Important Issues
- April 25, 2012 Romney Doing The Job Republican Establishment Just Won't Do
- May 1, 2012 Deport The GOP Establishment
- July 18, 2012 Democrats' Ideal Voter: Illegal Alien, Single Mother, Convicted Felon
Those two columns are the ones in which immigration is the main subject. There are five pages of Google results where immigration is mentioned.
VDARE.com's Patrick Cleburne particularly appreciated the one about deporting the GOP Establishment. My favorite out of both those columns is the one we reproduced on our site in 2006: Read My Lips: No New Amnesty.
That one not only quoted Peter Brimelow and referred to Alien Nation, but it quoted VDARE.com
“How about the proposal made on Brimelow's website, Vdare.com, that illegal immigrants be told they have two months to leave the country voluntarily and not have their breaking of our immigration laws held against them when they apply for citizenship from their home countries – or not leave and be banned from U.S. citizenship forever?”
As a result of that column, Harper Collins sold out of copies of Alien Nation.
Whereupon, inexplicably—in the midst of the Bush Amnesty Wars—Harper Collins refused to reprint it. There are still some paperbacks available, but we got the rights back and made a free download in PDF form available from VDARE.com. We plan to have a Kindle version available soon.
Update: Auster replies.