A Timely Fact Sheet On The Bogusness Of U.S. Refugee Programs
The indefatigable Ann Corcoran, at her irreplaceable Refugee Resettlement Watch blog, points to a new, information-dense fact sheet [~380-kB PDF] on refugee resettlement put out by Americans First. Ann says that folks from Americans First showed up with their fact sheets at a celebration of World Refugee Day (which Ann labels “World Refugee Propaganda Day“!) in Lexington, Kentucky on June 20, presumably intending to bring a dose of reality to the festivities.
(Americans First is apparently based in Lexington and, judging by their archives, has been in existence since about April, 2013. Their mission phrase is “Fighting for Social and Economic Justice for U.S. Citizens,” and their interests include — besides immigration — crony capitalism, globalism, vote fraud, unsustainable entitlements, …)
The two-page fact sheet is hyper-timely, of course, because of the faux-refugee tsunami at our southern border. A few sample items taken from the sheet:
– Claims of refugee status are in many cases completely fraudulent and refugees have included terrorists, such as the Boston Marathon bombers.
[PN note: Indeed, the intrinsic fraudulence seems apparent — see here and here — in the current deluge. Also, I think Boston’s “bomb brothers” were actually asylees, not refugees, a distinction without much consequential difference.]
– Refugees are settled in areas where the people administering the program aren’t affected by the problems they create.
[PN comment: An essential, central truth!]
– THE PROGRAM IS BEING EXPLOITED BY CHURCH GROUPS WHO SIPHON FEDERAL MONEY THAT ENRICHES THEIR ADMINISTRATORS AND WHO THEN DUMP THE REFUGEES INTO OUR WELFARE SYSTEM AFTER A FEW MONTHS AND THEN THEY REPEAT AND EVEN EXPAND THE PROCESS.
[PN note: The irate capitalization and boldface are in the original.]
– Catholic Charities of Louisville’s latest IRS Form 990 from 2011 shows they took in $13,179,017. They received $11,349,920 from GOVERNMENT GRANTS! 86% of their funding comes from TAXPAYERS! $773,162 came from related organizations (probably the US Conference of Catholic Bishops as pass-through from the federal government too!). That leaves $1,055,935 from all other contributions. Only 8% of their funding is from presumably private sources. They paid out approximately $3,700,000 in salaries and benefits.
[PN comment: These sample, typical numbers justify the preceding outrage.]
– Refugee “self-sufficiency” is supposed to be an important measure of success and a basis for assigning future refugees to agencies. But the definition of “self-sufficiency” has been steadily defined downward and today is virtually meaningless. A refugee can be considered “self-sufficient” while benefitting from a wide array of welfare programs, including Medicaid, Food Stamps, Public Housing and Social Security.
[Emphasis in original]
Given the tens of thousands in the incoming hordes and the clump sizes of about 500 waifs that the feds are trying to foist on communities around the country, we can guess that lots of communities around the country are at hazard. So VDARE.com readers should stay alert to goings-on in their regions and be ready to spread this Americans First refugee-facts sheet widely and abundantly.