Remember to enter Amazon via the VDARE.com link and we get a commission on any purchases you make—at no cost to you!
A Young Illinois Reader: The Headline "California Eases Tone as Latinos Make Gains" Should Read “Pete Wilson Proved Right As Latinos Take Over”
Re: Steve Sailer’s blog post NYT: "California Eases Tone as Latinos Make Gains"
From: A Young Illinois Reader [Email him]
Let's work through the logic here:
(1) The Pete Wilson era-California GOP feared the transformation of their state.
(2) They passed a law that didn't work because the feds overturned it and failed to exercise their responsibilities.
(3) The feared transformation ("the political and social reality has changed drastically across the state") has duly occurred, validating the fears of the 1990s and abolishing the California that once elected Nixon and Reagan.
(4) The same phenomenon is now developing across the entire country.
Therefore, it somehow follows that:
(5) Republicans at the federal level must deny to themselves the sovereignty-upholding measures that the courts denied to the states, in order be on the winning side of their own destruction.
And how about this:
Now, more California residents than ever before say that immigrants are a benefit to the state, according to public opinion polls from the Public Policy Institute of California.
Speaking as someone briefly involved in California GOP politics when I lived there several years ago, I think California is a shining example of why the GOP must stand and fight on the National Question.
This is a hill worth dying on, because the GOP will die on it anyway if it doesn't fight.