From: Spirit of the Fighting 69th [Email him]
Two of those featured were Bayard Rustin and W.E.B. Dubois, self-acknowledged Communists. This isn`t the first time Washington Headquarters Services has featured Reds, a few years ago Angela Davis, VP of the CPUSA was splashed on a poster as a black heroine.
From past observation the Headquarters Services is either Red-infiltrated or in the hands of boobs. The Secretary of Defense or the service secretaries never notice, or care, about celebrating Communists. But this isn`t just an Obama phenomena, it also went on under Bush whose appointees refused to defend their own from the skullduggery of the career bureaucracy preferring to throw them to the wolves.
James Fulford writes: The poster may look amateurish, but it’s official, produced by DEOMI, the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, which has an announcement of the poster here PDF and ten years of posters here. DEOMI doesn’t have to be infiltrated—Cultural Marxism is their official job. The history of the Civil Rights Movement does not have a lot of heroes who were intensely loyal to America—Sam Francis did a column on the some of the far-Left influences on the movement which we published under the title of Abolishing America, Cont`d: Black History…or Red?
Here are the civil rights heroes profiled on the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act Of 1964.
- W. E. B. Dubois was not only a Communist, but emigrated to Ghana, where he became a citizen, because of how much he hated the United States.
- Bayard Rustin, also a Communist, described by the Washington Post as “the gay socialist pacifist who planned the 1963 March on Washington”.
- Martin Luther King, not actually a Communist, but had Communist associates, and sided with the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.
- Ella Baker and Fanny Lou Hamer, probably included to bulk up the number of female civil rights leaders.
- I suspect that DEOMI included Bayard Rustin, James Baldwin, and Pauli Murray (a female Episcopal priest) because they`re gay as well as black and left-wing. Now that gayness is legal in the Army, it’s included in DEOMI’s list of things that real soldiers aren’t allowed to disapprove of.