Remember to enter Amazon via the VDARE.com link and we get a commission on any purchases you make—at no cost to you!
A Kansas Reader Says The Washington Post Is Hard To Top For Dishonest Immigration Journalism
NOTE: PLEASE say if you DON'T want your name and/or email address published when sending VDARE email.
From: Carlos Rodriguez [ e-mail him]
Re: Joe Guzzardi's Column: Are Dishonest Journalists Inherently Dishonest?
- Illegal alien #1, Edy Diaz, is smuggled into the country from Guatemala and is transported to safety with the help from a relative already in the U.S.
- Diaz shacks up with illegal alien #2, Rosa Guzman. Both use fake social security numbers purchased from forgers to get jobs.
- Diaz's cousin, Dimas Diaz allows his name to be used by Edy to "buy" a $320,000 house. Dimas is a member of the Service Employees International Union that has a long history of enrolling illegal alien workers.
- Said house is paid in part by housing other "immigrants" who appear to also be illegal.
- Edy Diaz and Guzman's employer sponsors the now married couple with absolutely no penalties for anyone.
- The couple is rewarded with legal status and a path to citizenship.
- Diaz and Guzman have two anchor babies, Edy Jose and Gabriela.
What is wrong with this picture?
Among the many crimes not addressed by Kalita are:
- Why weren't Dimas and the illegal aliens charged with felony fraud in their federally funded mortgage application?
- Why didn't Kalita impugn the sponsoring employer in this farce?
- Why do we reward illegals for breaking our laws?
- Why should citizens support this mockery imposed upon us by unscrupulous employers, illegal aliens and spineless politicians?
How much more dishonest can a reporter be than Kalita, an obvious supporter of lawbreaking?
Rodriguez's previous letter is here.
Kalita, her personal family history not withstanding, is obligated to follow the same ethical reporting codes as all other journalists in her stories---immigration related or otherwise. Kalita is not entitled to a free pass, as she obviously thinks she is, to editorialize for more liberal immigration laws simply because she is South Asian.