Remember to enter Amazon via the VDARE.com link and we get a commission on any purchases you make—at no cost to you!
IMMIGRATION PERFECT STORM COMING—YOU NEED VDARE.COM, AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
James Fulford writes: There are two or three immigration crises happening at the same time.
The first is the 2012 election. If Obama wins, that will make things catastrophically worse. If Romney wins, and IMMIGRATION PATRIOTS DON’T KEEP UP THE PRESSURE ON HIM, this will also make things catastrophically worse.
The Supreme Court is meditating a decision on Arizona’s SB 1070, and similar state laws. The laws are constitutional, of course, but there’s no way of knowing if the Supreme Court’s decision will say that—another thing may make things catastrophically worse.
Finally, in the name of Hispandering, Marco Rubio has offered a Republican “alternative” to the DREAM Act, and this betrayal of the GOP’s anti-amnesty base will also make things... catastrophically worse.
The worst thing about it is that Romney may be tempted to pick Rubio as his Vice-Presidential candidate—the Hispanic Dan Quayle.
Recently George Zimmerman has been called a “white Hispanic” by the mainstream media. This isn’t true, his ancestry is as mixed as that of most people in Peru, but in spite of that he thinks of himself as an American.
Marco Rubio, White Hispanic
Marco Rubio is an actual white Hispanic (see picture). Because of Cuba’s and his family’s history, he’s of one hundred percent Spanish descent...but in spite of that he thinks of himself as Hispanic.
In the face of all these crises, you need VDARE.com around to say the things that aren’t being said, to report the things that aren’t being reported.
I have it on the authority of our friends at the $PLC that we’re very effective at doing this (they call it “mainstreaming hate”) but we can’t do it without your help!
Donations have slowed down, but we are nearing our goal. Your donation makes a difference, and it’s tax-deductible. Please give now!
What happened to Spring? WHERE ARE OUR DONATIONS??
By Peter Brimelow [Email him]
Felicity needs new mittens!
There are reports of unseasonable snow in the Northeast tonight. We’re feeling the chill here at VDARE.com too.
Our annual Spring Fundraising drive, which is absolutely necessary because of the annual summer cash drought between the contributions of our heroic major donors, started off well enough. (Many thanks to our loyal friends).
But now it’s stalled. Maybe we cannibalized our donations by pointing our readers to John Derbyshire’s donation link after he was abruptly fired from National Review for Political Incorrectness in another venue—while undergoing treatment for cancer—and supporting a family—after 15 years of stellar service.
(No wonder Ann Coulter called the NR editors “girly-boys.”)
We don’t care about that. We’d do it again. In fact, we are doing it again—by providing a link by which you can earmark (tax-deductible!) help for us to finance the columns we hope John Derbyshire will write for us—when his chemotherapy allows him to.
Nevertheless, we MUST reach $25,000 (not counting earmarks) in this Spring Fundraiser—preferably, $30.000. At present, we have some $15-$16,000 (counting checks, which come in slowly).
I HATE keeping VDARE.com closed:
- I want to run Ed Rubenstein on the latest AP report that one out of every two college graduates is unemployed/ underemployed. (And Mitt Romney wants to “staple a green card” to every advanced degree earned by a foreigner?)
- I want to run Steve Sailer on Sean Trende’s new book The Lost Majority, which at a glance seems to endorse Sailer’s long-held view that the white a.k.a. American vote, not the Hispanic a.k.a. immigrant vote, is the key to this and all foreseeable elections.
(Talking of which, this just in from Main Stream Media poohbah Michael Barone, a confirmed VDARE.com foe: “The argument that Republicans need additional support from Latinos may be overstated. The 2010 exit poll shows Republicans won 38 percent of the Latino vote—and that that was enough for a national majority, since they carried whites by a record 60 to 37 percent”. Duh! You heard it on VDARE.com first).
- I want to run Paul Streitz on how the immigration issue could win a Senate seat, in “blue-state” Connecticut, for a non-millionaire (and fairly liberal, not that we care) Republican.
- I want to run Patrick Cleburne on the $PLC (Southern Poverty Law Center)’s astonishing money mountain—which would long ago have called down IRS retribution, except for, well, you know why not. Equal justice, anyone?
- ETC., ETC., ETC!!!
But we can do none of this without our readers’ help. And, alas, we have discovered that only closing VDARE.com completely brings in significant donations.
A further point: I know that some VDARE.com readers think they have heard enough about Abraham Lincoln.
But Lincoln was a great phrase-maker.
And just as he said at Gettysburg that “we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure,” so (in a humble way) we at VDARE.com are now testing whether truth-telling journalism—independent of corporate sponsorship, advertisers or Establishment foundations—can continue, funded entirely by its readers.
PLEASE GIVE NOW!
A final, personal note: I have two reasons for leading this appeal with a picture of my daughter Felicity, now 18 months old.
- I feel like it. I think she’s wonderful.
- It makes a point. Felicity will still be a young woman in 2040, when (unless current immigration policy is ended) the U.S. will become majority non-white—i.e. America as it has been known to history will cease to exist.
I almost certainly won’t be here—I’m 64—although I’ll do my best.
But as long as I have strength, I will fight to protect the future of my child.
Help us now!
p.s. Felicity does need new mittens!
- Make a onetime tax-deductible donation through Paypal
- Set up a monthly tax-deductible donation through PayPal
- Mail a tax-deductible donation by check (Or money order if you need anonymity!)
- Fax in your tax-deductible credit card donation
- Click here to earmark money specifically for John Derbyshire
- You can also donate stock—for details email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can get a gift with your donation! We appreciate all of your support and would like to share a gift with you.
**You must email email@example.com with the address you would like your gift sent to**
Currently available are the following items:
- For a donation of $ 50 - A copy of Steve Sailer's America's Half-Blood Prince: Barack Obama's "Story of Race and Inheritance"
- For a donation of $100 - A copy of our 2011 Anthology
- For a donation of $200 - A copy of three latest paperback Anthologies - including 2011!
- And don’t forget—if you buy anything through Amazon after entering via VDARE.com’s link, we get a commission at no cost to you!