New Year’s 2015: Last Year Was The Year Of Dave Brat, This Has Been The Year Of Trump (But GOP Is Still Not Getting It)
Last year, I headed our New Year’s Roundup 2014 Was The Year Of Dave Brat.
2014 Losers: Eric Cantor and Conservatism, Inc. 2014 Winners: Dave Brat, and National Conservatism
The defeat of the House Majority Leader by an unfunded local economics professor over the Amnesty issue should have been a wake-up call for the GOP. However, a lot of things should have been a wake-up call for the GOP over the years. Some of these people seem immune to wake-up calls.
Pat Buchanan was writing Are More “Thumpings” Needed? after the Bush GOP lost the midterms in 2006. You might also check out Voters To G.O.P.: We’re Just Not That Into Immigrants, and Voters Are Giving You One More Chance, GOP, by Ann Coulter.
So the Beltway Right may never wake up–but like Cantor, they may find themselves replaced. And 2015 may not be the only year of Donald Trump–if the votes of white working-class Democrats are added to the votes of white working-class Republicans, then 2016-2020 will be the years of Donald Trump, too.
Happy New Year to all Our Readers!
- 12/31/14—Happy New Year–2014 Was The Year Of Dave Brat
- 01/01/13—Happy New Year from VDARE.com!
- 12/31/11—Thanks And Happy New Year To VDARE.com Readers by Peter Brimelow
- 12/31/10—The Fulford File | What Are You Doing New Year`s? In France, They`re Burning The Place Down by James Fulford
- 12/31/09—The Fulford File: Happy New Year—VDARE.com`s Decade In Review
- 12/31/08—The Fulford File: Happy New Year 2009!
- 12/31/07—The Fulford File: 2007 In Review—An Interesting Year, by James Fulford
- 12/31/06—The Fulford File: Happy New Year 2007! by James Fulford
- 12/31/04—Happy New 2005!
- 12/31/03—Happy New Year from VDARE.COM! by James Fulford
- 12/27/02—View From Lodi, CA: A Patriot`s New Year Resolution, by Joe Guzzardi
- 12/31/01—Happy New Year – Unhappy Old Nation? By Sam Francis
- 12/31/00—Happy New Year* From VDARE!