Remember to enter Amazon via the VDARE.com link and we get a commission on any purchases you make—at no cost to you!
Memo From Middle America | Treason Lobby’s NALACC Wants “Human Stories”?—We Can Give Them “Human Stories”!
The acronym stands for “National Alliance of Latin American and Caribbean Communities”—headquartered in Chicago. The group’s title, of course, refers to Latin American and Caribbean “communities” in the United States but which, significantly, still identify as Latin American and Caribbean.
You can visit the NALACC’s website here. Just browse a bit, and you can get the gist of where it’s headed. Example: Press Release: Latino Immigrants Call for Immediate Halt of Deportations, Reunification of Families, and Fast-Track to Citizenship.
NALACC’s “partners”—i.e. financial backers—include a Mexican NGO, the Iniciativa Ciudadana (Citizen’s Initiative in English, but of course it means Mexican citizens) which is consortium of many Mexican migratory rights agencies—and NALACC, which is supposed to be an American agency.
Another funder is the Robin Hood Tax Campaign, which is sort of a Who’s Who of globalism—of course it includes George Soros, but also Bill Gates, Mark Cuban, Warren Buffett, Paul Krugman, Al Gore, the Vatican, the NY Times Editorial Board, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Jesse Jackson and UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon.
Is it any wonder that we think of people like NALACC’s Board of Directors as part of the Treason Lobby?
To further promote the growing Hispanicization of the United States, of which the mooted Obama/ Rubio Amnesty/ Immigration Surge is a part, NALACC runs a media campaign, the “Somos / We Are initiative”. (Somos is Spanish for “We Are”).
The initiative “Somos /We Are” is an effort to reclaim the humanity and integrity of immigrant communities, particularly those of Latin American origin. The campaign has two stated goals:
1. To challenge the mistaken negative perception about Latino immigrants that is perpetuated in the mainstream media [AW: Seriously?], by promoting meaningful interactions between native born and foreign born nationals. These interactions can establish the basis for a personal connection that can foster a sense of common humanity.
2. To empower Latino immigrant communities by emphasizing their strengths and contributions.
hateful terms such as ‘illegal immigrants´ and other dehumanizing language about immigrants used in public spaces and the media.
The slogan of the Somos/We Are campaign is Telling our Stories. A propaganda video NALACC has released is entitled “We are America”; it portrays various Latino/Caribbean immigrants, speaking (in the English-language video) in accented English. (View it here, there’s both an English- and a Spanish-language version.) They declare:
We are human beings. We are mothers working to keep our families together. We are youth with dreams. We are workers. We are part of every town, city and state in this great country.
We are America. [Repeated twice more].
And, if present trends continue, the U.S. will be transformed into a northern appendage of Latin America. It will indeed have been subsumed into América.
The executive director of NALACC is Oscar Chacon yet another white “Hispanic” (see photo below ) like Marco Rubio, Cecilia Munoz and so many opportunistic Conquistador-Americans (Steve Sailer’s term) climbing on the ethnic spoils bandwagon.
In fact, I ran across NALACC’s most recent story-telling campaign on the Departamento 15 section of the Salvadoran newspaper La Prensa Grafica’s website. (El Salvador has 14 divisions known as departamentos—so Salvadorans in the U.S. are said to form the 15th departamento).
The article was Las historias humanas, "claves" para la reforma migratoria, según activistas [February 12, 2013]. That translates to “Human Stories, ‘Keys’ for Migratory Reform, According to Activists”. It reported on a meeting in Washington, D.C. (supposedly our nation’s capital, remember?) attended by, among others, Oscar Chacon:
A group of pro-immigration activists meeting in Washington to deal with the future migratory reform agreed in pointing out the need to bring “human stories” to the capital, during the Congressional debate, to educate and show the havoc of the current [immigration] legislation.
NALACC’s Chacon actually said that
In a crucial moment such as this, the voices of Latinos of all the country, the voices of those really affected, are not being heard enough.
That’s funny—I would say it’s the exact opposite. I would say that the voices of ordinary Americans, of the historic American nation, are not being heard enough.
Of course, this “human stories” stuff is essentially all you see in the MSM. It’s all about the poor, pitiful, oppressed illegal aliens who Live In The Shadows! It’s about Keeping Families Together—you can’t split up the families, can you?
If you oppose Amnesty, you are cruel, heartless and “racist”!
The entire political/media/academic axis is echo-chambering this propaganda assault. But if illegals were being treated that badly, they’d have gone home long ago. And if their main goal was to keep their families together, they’d have stayed in their home country.
Far from “living in the shadows,” illegal aliens are openly and arrogantly campaigning for amnesty. The U.S. government bends over backwards to appease them, totally ignoring ordinary Americans who believe our laws should be enforced.
Regular readers of VDARE.COM are inoculated against NALACC-type emotionalism. But many uninformed Americans are not.
The answer for immigration patriots: fight fire with fire. VDARE.COM’s own Brenda Walker has been doing this for years. She has been presenting “human stories” ignored by the national MSM about the victims of illegal immigration.
Here are some from just the past thirteen months:
- San Antonio Boy Killed by Drunk Illegal Alien January 8, 2013
- Georgia Couple Hopes to Capture the Illegal Alien Criminal Who Killed Their Son November2, 2012
- Report: Unlicensed Drivers Make Los Angeles Roads More Dangerous October 12, 2012
- Illegal Alien Ramos Killed before Murdering Bologna Family July 2, 2012
- Illegal Alien Crosswalk Killer Is Sentenced in Santa Rosa June 30, 2012
- Illegal Alien Bangladeshi Is Sentenced for Murdering Hillsdale NY Grandmother June 29, 2012
- Illegal Alien from Morocco Pleads Guilty to Capitol Bomb Plot June 23, 2012
- Triple Murderer Illegal Alien Ramos Sentenced to Life in Prison June 12, 2012
- Houston: Drunk-Driving Illegal Alien Cop Killer Is Sentenced to 55 Years in Prison June 9, 2012
- Illegal Alien Edwin Ramos Convicted of First Degree Murder in Triple Killings of Bologna Family May 10, 2012
- Prosecution Testimony in Pedro Espinoza Trial in Murder of Jamiel Shaw May 4, 2012
- Accused Illegal Alien Killer of Jamiel Shaw Goes to Trial April 27, 2012
- Illegal Alien Gets Short Sentence for Killing Missouri Mother and Daughter March 10, 2012 (drunk-driving crash)
- San Francisco Trial Reveals Prevalence of Illegal Alien Gangs February 15, 2012 (Edwin Ramos Case)
- Illegal Alien Muslim Pleads Guilty to Obama Assassination Plot February 11, 2012
- Drunk-Driving Bolivian Nun-Killer Gets 20 Years February 4, 2012
Brenda often includes photographs not only of the perpetrators, but of the victims. For example, Tessa Tranchant, 16, left, and Allison Kunhardt, 17, killed by an illegal alien drunk driver in April, 2007:
Brenda Walker wrote:
The girls were very close friends, known to finish each other's sentences. Tessa's mom Colette called the two "inseparable." They were outgoing, fun-loving and had many friends. It's a terrible tragedy that their lives ended so young, and that the accident could have been prevented if Washington were doing its job of maintaining secure borders.
Besides publicizing stories of Americans who are victims of illegal alien criminal attacks and drunk driving, we need to keep hammering on the effect mass immigration (legal and illegal) has on the economy, the culture, our education system and the environment. We need more old-fashioned muckrakers, like the Gilded Age reporters who would leave no stone unturned to ferret out corruption.
So the fight against America’s immigration disaster is incumbent upon all of us—writers, bloggers, radio talk show hosts and callers, writers of letters to the editor, Facebookers, etc., etc.
We can all spread the word and tell the real “human stories” of what immigration is doing to America.
American citizen Allan Wall (email him) moved back to the U.S.A. after many years residing in Mexico. Allan's wife is Mexican, and their two sons are bilingual. In 2005, Allan served a tour of duty in Iraq with the Texas Army National Guard. His VDARE.COM articles are archived here; his Mexidata.info articles are archived here; his News With Views columns are archived here; and his website is here.