I have my Google News page set up with several topics of interest, mostly having to do with immigration, diversity and crime. One of the most revealing topics has been Terror Trial, which has a constant level of activity revealing how jihadists are busy bees trying to turn America to totalitarian sharia.
Like other immigrant crimes, most of the Islamic terror cases are reported locally only and don’t get national attention which would show the pattern of increasing incidence. As analyst Walid Phares noted last year, “According to open-source reports, between 2001 and 2008, U.S. agencies stopped one or two terror attempts a year. However, from 2009 until today, the government has been uncovering one or two cases a month, a troubling growth in jihadi activities.”
Interestingly this uptick corresponds with the Presidency of Barack Hussein Obama. Do our jihadist enemies believe Americans are weaklings ready to surrender to Islam, shown by their election of a man who is at the least a grandson of Muslims? (His grandmother went on the hajj a couple years ago and has wished her grandson would become a Muslim.)
The opinion of Muslims about Americans is far more important than whether Obama is a secret Muslim. (He’s not, in my opinion, although Obama has shown a undue friendliness toward Islam in comparison to his regard for western and Christian values.)
Anyway, here’s a terror trial update, this one from Seattle where some Muslim guys were inspired by Col. Hasan’s massacre at Fort Hood and thought they would blow up a recruiting station.
Seattle Terror Suspect Pleads Guilty, Fox Phoenix, December 8, 2011
One of the two men accused of attempting to blow up a military recruiting station in Seattle pleaded guilty in federal court Thursday.
Walli Mujahidh, 32, of Los Angeles, was indicted last July on charges that he planned to use assault rifles and grenades to attack the Military Entrance Processing Station in Seattle.
Authorities allege that Mujahidh conspired with Abu Khalid Abdul-Latif, 33, of Seattle, to kill US military recruits in a surprise attack aimed at inspiring other radical Muslims to carry out terror operations in the US.
Under a plea deal, prosecutors agreed to sentencing guidelines of 27 to 32 years in prison for Mujahidh. He is scheduled to be sentenced by US District Court Judge James L. Robart on April 16.
According to the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Mujahidh admitted in court Thursday that he intended to carry out the plot and pleaded guilty to conspiracy to murder officers and agents of the United States, conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction and unlawful possession of a firearm.
“The FBI is pleased that Mr. Mujahidh accepted responsibility for his actions, but this case remains a chilling reminder that there is constant work to be done,” said Laura Laughlin, Special Agent-in-Charge of the FBI’s Seattle office. “The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force continues to work tirelessly to detect, disrupt and dismantle threats to our community.”
Under the terms of the plea agreement, prosecutors agreed to bring no further charges against Mujahidh. By pleading guilty, Mujahidh will likely avoid a sentence of life in prison.
Mujahidh’s attorney has said his client suffers from mental illness.
Mujahidh and Abdul-Latif were arrested last June after a paid informant told police about their plans.
Authorities claim Abdul-Latif, who was the alleged ringleader of the plot, idolized Usama bin Laden and was enraged by American military activity in Iraq, Afghanistan and Yemen. Before his arrest, Abdul-Latif posted several YouTube videos in which he castigated US policy toward the Muslim world.
Authorities claim Abdul-Latif’s planned Seattle attack was inspired by US Army Maj. Nidal Hasan’s shooting rampage at Fort Hood that killed 13 and wounded 32 in November 2009.
Abdul-Latif was previously incarcerated for a robbery conviction. It is unknown whether he is also considering a guilty plea.