Bronx Hospital shooter Henry Bello was a Nigerian immigrant, educated a medical school in Dominica. His arrest record (that's a 2004 mugshot above) ought to have kept him out of a responsible medical job, and possibly even led to him being deported, but New York City isn't good at some kinds of enforcement. They are good about gun control—when Bello brought a rifle to his former workplace, he found nothing but unarmed victims.
Details from NBC, with some comments by me:
- The shooter has been identified as Dr. Henry Michael Bello, a 45-year-old Nigeria-born family medicine doctor formerly employed at the hospital, according to sources.
- Bello was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on the 17th floor after a two-story shooting rampage that left one doctor — a woman who has yet to be identified — dead and others fighting for their lives.
I asked last night is she was a white woman. It turns out that she was Chinese—Dr. Tracy Tam.
A related question—were any of the victims black?
- A senior law enforcement official said Bello asked for a specific doctor on the 16th floor. When he was told that doctor wasn't there, he became angry and started shooting at everyone.
That fits the pattern of “Disgruntled Minority Massacre”—a black employee who loses his job and wants revenge. It’s possible the specific doctor was either a person responsible for firing him, or a woman who complained about his sexual harassment, apparently the reason he lost his job.
- Bello used an AR-15 in the shooting. It wasn't immediately known if he obtained the rifle legally.
This AR-15 is apparently from a state that restricts assault weapons with, for example, pistol-grip stocks, and extended magazines. This is generally considered a mindless and stupid restriction, but in this case it may have saved a couple of lives.
- Sources tell NBC 4 New York a preliminary investigation reveals Bello was hired at the hospital in Aug. 2014 as a house physician, but resigned from the hospital in Feb. 2015 in lieu of termination.
- He went to medical school on the island of Dominica in the Caribbean.
Who Is Henry Bello? What We Know About Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Shooter | NBC New York
- Bello has past arrests for sex abuse, turnstile jumping, burglary and public urination, law enforcement sources said.
- A New York State licensing website does not reveal any disciplinary history.
- Senior law enforcement officials describe Bello as a transient recently, with at least five different addresses since he left the hospital.
- Police are investigating the shooting as a case of workplace violence; authorities say there is no indication of a nexus to terror.
He wasn't part of organized Islamic terror—organized outside the US by people like Osama bin Laden. He was a product of anti-white racial resentment, which is organized inside the US by Al Sharpton, the NAACP, former Attorney General Eric Holder, former President Barack Obama and losing presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.