The Obama Regime
’s response to the tsunami of illegal alien children from Central America: dump them in places Obama despises, namely Arizona
in state immigration enforcement
), and assorted military bases
One of the Regime’s first targets for diversity babysitting: Fort Sill,
an Army base located
next to Lawton Oklahoma
, a city of around 97,000 souls. The base itself has a population of around 53,000
, including 20,000 military and civilian personnel, and 33,000 military family members. It’s busy training soldiers to defend America
, but to the administration, it’s a handy resource of housing and acreage that can be repurposed to deliver social services to law-breaking undocumented Democrats.
So the Regime dumping a thousand or two of high-maintenance foreign children is a big deal:
FORT SILL, Okla.--The federal government says 135 undocumented children will arrive at Fort Sill sometime Saturday, one day later than originally planned.It is still unclear how many more young illegal immigrants could be coming, if any, but the facility being used to house the immigrants has a capacity of 1,200. The building is surrounded by a tall chain-linked fence and is said to have only one main entry point.Despite the local controversy of Ft. Sill taking on this mission, Lawton Mayor Fred Fitch believes this effort will end up benefiting the city in a big way.“They’re talking about $1.2 million impact for the Lawton-Fort Sill community within the first 30 days,” says Fitch, who believes many businesses will soon be booming. "Several hotels I already talked to (say) they are booked solid through November."Undocumented children to have big economic impact, KSWO-TV, June 13, 2014. Emphasis added.
So the Chamber of Commerce
types are happy with more cash infusion from Washington…but there’s a pesky “local controversy.”
[Email Lawton Mayor Fred Fitch.
Indeed there is, as voiced by elected officials:
It’s a costly effort, as well. It has the Department of Health and Human Services asking for more than $1 billion in additional funding to deal with this problem in the short term. The effort at Ft. Sill is expected to cost more than $20 million in just 120 days. It’s a decision that has garnered a lot of opposition from Republican lawmakers."We don't have the answers to the questions," says Governor Mary Fallin, (R-Okla.). "We know that Oklahoma will be overburdened if these children should be released into Oklahoma."Ft. Sill will soon become the third military installation in the country, after Joint Base San Antonio and Naval Base Ventura County, to house the unaccompanied minors."It’s not the job of the United States military to effectively be the immigration department," says Congressman Tom Cole, who says there's been a recent and unexpected influx of the immigrant children into the states. "The fact that we're having this explosion right now is simply because we're facilitating it."Opposition surrounding undocumented children coming to Ft. Sill, KSWO-TV Lawton, June 9, 2014
The kids started arriving by bus at 3 am Friday, June 13, and were quickly unloaded into a building on the base. [Unaccompanied immigrant children begin their arrival at Fort Sill
, By Graham Lee Brewer and Jennifer Palmer,NewsOK.com, June 13, 2014]
They are political pawns to an administration
that has promised to “transform
” America. We are being told that Central Americans are escaping
violence in their home countries, but Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador have had very high murder rates for years. Newspapers in Central America are spurring the movement now by reporting
that Obama will welcome all children and families. [Prorrogan suspensión de deportación a estudiantes, ElMundo.com.sv,
June 5, 2014] See also On immigrant surge, White House story falls apart
, by Byron York, Washington Examine
r, June 16, 2014.
Fox News host Lou Dobbs
has noted the national arrangements required to allow children to travel 1800 miles through Mexico (normally a tough border enforcer) and is calling
the mass movement “a strategy being carried out,” i.e. by Mexico.
And the strategy is working from the Democrat viewpoint. It is Electing A New American
People with a permanent majority of Leftist big-government voters.
Documentary filmmaker Dennis Michael Lynch reported
on Fox News
that “Entire villages
are emptying out and coming from Central America through Mexico to the United States.”
Next--entire countries emptying out? What’s stopping millions from breaching the open borders?
A mass emptying has another advantage for crime-ridden Central American nations: ridding themselves of young gang members. These criminals are being admitted at the border even with identifying tattoos.
[Border agent laments gang members entering U.S.: ‘Why are we letting him in here?’ Washington Times
, June 14, 2014].
This is nothing less than a reprise of the disastrous 1980 Mariel Boatlift
where Castro emptied Cuban jails for transport to America. Significantly, Marielito relocation to the heartland
became an issue in the re-election defeat
of then-Arkansas Governor Bill Clinton.
But maybe Obama doesn’t care about white Democrats either?
When the kidmigrants arrive, there are institutions that should be more welcoming given their open-borders ideology, like the amnesty-flacking
Roman Catholic Church. Breitbart.com reports that Catholic Charities has set up a hospitality center in McAllen, Texas
--but what kind of lackluster ministry were the cassocks offering back home in the truly poor countries of Central America? [Catholic Charities Flooded with Young Illegal Latino Immigrants,
by Dr. Susan Berry June 14 2014]
And why are Catholic leaders so stingy with their dear migrants – why not open up the churches as flophouses like deluded Chicago Protestants did for Elvira Arellano
? In Belgium, Afghan asylum seekers were allowed to pitch tents within the sanctuary
of the historically
significant Church of the Beguinage--and the campers weren’t even Catholic!
And what about the liberal universities? They welcome illegal alien students
and advocate benefits for foreigners that Americans don’t get, like in-state tuition. How about plunking a few thousand spare FEMA trailers into roomy athletic facilities, football fields, faculty parking?
For the Obama Regime, the dump-the-kiddies campaign is a two-fer strategy. It attracts future Democrats--and also serves to demoralize the military. The kiddie dump is only one of a series of deliberate insults:
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi, a Marine with two tours of duty in Afghanistan, has been held in a Mexican jail since March 31 for taking a wrong turn into the country with a couple of legal firearms in his truck. Obama could have made a phone call to his counterpart in Mexico City to demand freedom for the Marine, but he hasn’t.
- In contrast, Obama honored Private Bowe Bergdahl, a likely deserter, giving his parents a Rose Garden ceremony to announce the soldier’s release from a Taliban prison in return for five jihad leaders. It was clearly a bad trade, angering military people and ordinary citizens alike for endangering current troops in Afghanistan in addition to pretending that a deserter is an honorable soldier.[Anger explodes over treatment of Bergdahl’s release as veterans, troops call him a deserter, By Hannah Allam and Jonathan S. Landay, McClatchy, June 2, 2014.
- Veterans were purposely dropped from VA hospital scheduling to make the agency appear efficient, when in fact vets were dying from lack of the healthcare to which they were entitled. Meanwhile, the administration was moving heaven and earth to arrange immediate medical care for illegal aliens. [Illegal Aliens Receive Immediate Medical Care; Veterans Left to Die, By Ronald W. Mortensen,CIS.org, June 12, 2014]
- The stunningly rapid invasion by the ISIS jihadis of Iraqi cities that just a short while ago were patrolled by American troops has been crushing for vets who served there. AP interviewed several, like retired Army Col. Barry Johnson, who remarked, "In many ways, it just feels like a waste — a waste of many lives, a waste of many years." [Vets watch as insurgents undo sacrifices in Iraq, June 13, 2014]
- The Regime has been severely downsizing the military while advocating that illegal aliens could get a path to citizenship by serving in it. [White House Delays Pentagon Plan to Allow Certain Illegal Immigrants to Serve in Military By Caroline May, Breitbart.com, June 2, 2014] Citizens out, law-breaking foreigners in.
Americans still respect their armed forces. A 2011 Gallup poll headlined: “Americans Most Confident in Military, Least in Congress”
and found 78 percent of those quizzed expressed a lot of confidence in the services.
Apparently, the Regime thinks the military needs to be knocked down a peg or two.Impeachment
is the only answer.Brenda Walker [Email her] lives in northern California and publishes the blog LimitsToGrowth.org.