Radio Derb is on the air. To get the podcast, follow the instructions at Taki’s Magazine
. The transcript will be archived on my own website
In this week’s show I have words to say about the jihadis who shot up Pam Geller’s event in Texas, as a case study in Black Privilege.
The principal shooter, Elton Simpson, was well known to law enforcement, both local and federal. For years before 2010 he'd been advertising his admiration for Muslim terrorists and declaring his intention to go to Somalia to join al-Shabab. The FBI pulled him in and questioned him about that. Simpson denied having said it; but he'd said it to an informant who was wearing a wire, so the feds charged him with making false statements.That, you'll recall, is what got Martha Stewart five months in the pen; and her false statements had nothing to do with terrorism. Martha Stewart is white, though, while Elton Simpson is black, and that makes all the difference. Simpson got three years probation.
The full Radio Derb playbill:
- Baltimore wrap-up. (Numbers, frequencies, distributions, proportions.)
- Jim Snow America. (How to bring down black crime rates.)
- Go join the jihad, please. (The fruits of Black Privilege.)
- What’s wrong with hedonism? (Brave New World revisited.)
- Mx-ing it up. (One more way to be offended.)
- Herding cats with Cameron. (Watching Britain die.)
- Subway etiquette. (Who not to get into a staring match with.)
- Israel’s one percent. (Poor, criminal, riotous, and … Jewish!)
- Booty at the burial. (Hatched, dispatched.)
It’s all there at Taki’s Magazine