You wonder why he hadn`t thought of this before? Because it`s cheaper to hire illegals.
Allow me to repeat what I said in post about the "Needs Of America`s Farmers",
Here are the needs of America`s farmers, with respect to illegal cheap labor:
- Some of them need to be paying higher wages, so they can hire Americans.
- Some of them need to mechanize their operations.
- Some of them need to switch to less labor-intensive crops, which can be harvested by machine.
- If some of them still can`t make a living farming without importing illegals to harvest their crops, they need to stop farming, and get a job, because their farm is costing them and the nation more than the value of their produce.
- And finally, some of them need to be fined or jailed.
HerbCo owner Ted Andrews [Email him] who did plead "guilty in federal court to knowingly hiring illegal workers from Mexico"—more than 200 of them—still apparently likes Mexican workers better than Americans, but now he`s hiring legal Mexicans, via the H2-A Visa. It costs him $1.50 more per hour than a "local" worker.