At Instapundit.com, Stephen Green posts this:
“2016, MAN,” MEET FLORIDA MAN: Gun-toting Florida man with six-pack of beer fires at passing cars.
The phrase "Florida Man"
in a headline is proverbially linked to foolishness involving alcohol, requiring the intervention of the police and fire departments, and similar to the consequences of saying "Hold my beer, I got this. "
That is, it's presumably about rednecks. The word "toting" for carrying is an anti-gun hate word used by the MSM to mock gun owners.
Outside of a Western novel, guns are only "toted" in headlines. Legal gun owners either "carry" or "wear" guns, criminals "possess" them illegally. "Toting" (CBS's word) is meant to produce a mental image something like '30s cartoon figure Snuffy Smith
Since Florida is a Southern state which pioneered modern gun laws (right to carry, "shall issue" permit laws ) and of course, the Stand Your Ground law
designed to protect innocent victims
from the kind of malicious false prosecution George Zimmerman faced, it faces lots of anti-gun abuse in the press. For example Violence Policy Center Says Florida Tops Nation In Killings by Concealed Handgun Permit Holders,
which is the usual pack of lies.
(The Violence Policy Center
is the SPLC
of gun control.)
Here's more MSM coverage of the gun-toting beer drinking "Florida Man" who (Spoiler Alert) is black. (Carl Deshon Washington, pictured at the top of the post.)
Here are some headlines from this sory:
- Rifle-toting man puts down his beer, shoots at passing drivers ... Sun Sentinel-October 30, 2016
- He walked out his door with a rifle, a 4-pack of beer and opened fire ..., Fort Worth Star Telegram- October 31, 2016
- Beer-toting man fires rifle at passing cars: cops, New York Post- October 31, 2016
- Man Went On Neighborhood Shotting [Sic]Spree With Pack Of Beer And Rifle, Critically Injuring One – Faces Five Counts Of Attempted Murder, The Inquisitr- October 31, 2016
- Man spotted shooting at passing cars charged with attempted murder, Highly Cited-7News - WSVN-TV- October 31, 2016
- Man arrested after firing semi-automatic rifle at 5 vehicles..., Local 10 News, October 31, 2016
You noticed they can specify the kind
of rifle, but not the kind
of man. Here he is being arrested below:
Here's a question—if a random black man starts shooting up random people on the highway, isn't it likely that he was inspired, like several other recent black killers
, by the Black Lives Matter
And if so, could the people who blamed Sarah Palin after Tucson
direct their ire towards Barack Obama?