From the moment John Allen Muhammad and Lee Malvo  were arrested in the Beltway-area sniper  case last fall, the media  and Muslim activists  wanted us to believe that the serial killings  had absolutely nothing to do with Islamic terrorism.
CNN downplayed Muhammad's religious conversion—calling him by his old name, John Allen Williams, when his identity was first revealed. Malvo was cast as a clueless dupe with no true convictions. Nihad Awad of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR ) argued : "There is no indication that this case is related to Islam or Muslims ." Chicago Sun-Times columnist Richard Roeper railed  against conservative commentators such as the indomitable Mark Steyn , who had taken note of Muhammad's Islamic faith and his reportedly expressed anti-American sentiments after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
Roeper also ridiculed National Review columnist James Robbins for astutely observing that the sniper was acting like "a jihadist warrior."  Roeper smugly concluded: " . . . an awful lot of conservatives really, really wanted the snipers to be terrorists. But they were wrong. I'll say that because they never will." 
Now it is time for Roeper, CAIR and the militant Religion of Peace propagandists  to face the facts once and for all. A chilling stack of evidence, introduced by Malvo's own lawyers last week at his capital murder trial, exposes accused sniper Malvo as an unrepentant Muslim extremist. He may not have been a card-carrying member of al Qaeda, but as Claremont Institute fellow John Hinderaker notes on Powerlineblog.com, Malvo was more of a "freelance"  Islamofascist—as legions of aggrieved fanatics  around the world are.
Malvo's violent drawings and anti-American  and anti-Semitic  rantings show him to be every bit as blood-thirsty, hatemongering and martyr-craving  as any Sept. 11 hijacker  or Palestinian suicide bomber. Among Malvo's jailhouse artwork, (online ):
- Exhibit 65-006 : A self-portrait of Malvo in the cross hairs of a gun scope shouting, "ALLAH AKBAR!" The word "SALAAM" scrawled vertically. A poem: "Many more will have to suffer. Many more will have to die. Don't ask me why."
- Exhibit 65-013 : The word "INSHALLAH" above a portrait glorifying "Muammar Kaddafi" as "The Liberator" dressed in full military regalia.
- Exhibit 65-016 : A portrait of Saddam Hussein with the words "INSHALLAH" and "The Protector," surrounded by rockets labeled "chem" and "nuk" (sic).
- Exhibit 65-043 : Father and son portrait of Malvo and Muhammad. "We will kill them all. Jihad."
- Exhibit 65-056 : A self-portrait of Malvo as sniper, lying in wait, with his rifle. "JIHAD" written in bold letters.
- Exhibit 65-057 : A drawing of the Twin Towers burning with a plane flying toward the buildings. Captions: "JIHAD ISLAM UNITE RISE!" along with "America did this" and "You were warned." Portrait of Malvo as sniper labeled "Believer" and portrait of Osama bin Laden labeled "prophet." A poem: "Our minarets are our bayonets, Our mosques are our baracks (sic), Our believers are our soldiers." The American flag and the Star of David drawn in cross hairs.
- Exhibit 65-067 : A suicide bomber labeled "Hamas"  walking into a McDonald's restaurant. Another drawing of the Twin Towers burning captioned: "85 percent chance Zionists did this." More scrawls: "ALLAH AKBAR," "JIHAD" and "Islam will explode."
- Exhibit 65-103 : A lion accompanies chapter and verse from the Koran ("Sura 2:190"): "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you and slay them wherever ye catch them."
- Exhibit 65-109 : Portrait of Osama bin Laden, captioned "Servant of Allah."
- Exhibit 65-117 : The White House drawn in cross hairs, surrounded by missiles, with a warning: "Sep. 11 we will ensure will look like a picnic to you" and "you will bleed to death little by little."
- Exhibit 65-133 : Reference to "Islamic counter attack force . . . ICAF."
- Exhibit 65-114 : Self-portrait of Malvo as sniper. Rant says "they all died and they all deserved it."
- Exhibit 65-101 : Malvo's thought for the day: "Islam the only true guidance, the way of peace."
Ten Americans were murdered at the hands of the Beltway-area snipers. Malvo's lawyers  say he was insane  and "brainwashed ." No more so than your average madrassa student  in Jeddah or America-hating cave dweller in Tora Bora. Malvo is, in his own words, a "believer" of Allah and a "soldier " for "JIHAD."
Stop telling me Islam  had nothing to do with it.
Michelle Malkin [email  her] is author of Invasion: How America Still Welcomes Terrorists, Criminals, and Other Foreign Menaces to Our Shores . Click here  for Peter Brimelow's review. Click here  for Michelle Malkin's website.
COPYRIGHT CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC .