Three Black Men, Two Of Them Active Duty Soldiers, Kill Two Other Blacks In Robbery Attempt At Fort Bragg
This story says nothing about race, but has names and pictures. I’m posting it because when you hear “Fort Bragg Soldier”, you might think they were talking about a guy like the one at right. They’re not.
Two Fort Bragg soldiers and a third man have been arrested and charged with murdering two men they allegedly were trying to rob in a North Carolina restaurant parking lot.
Fayetteville Police Department announced Saturday the arrests of 20-year-old Ferris Brown, 19-year-old Javier Rashad Johnson and 19-year-old Daivon Tahjai Chambers on charges of first-degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Brown and Johnson are active-duty soldiers at Fort Bragg. Brown is with the 1-17th Cavalry Regiment; Johnson is with the 2-504th 82nd Airborne Division, according to police. Chambers is from Fayetteville.
All three men were jailed without bond and it’s not known if they have attorneys.
They were accused of killing 18-year-old Dareon Tyrese Cook and 32-year-old Jonathan David Goodman who were found in a parked car on Sept. 5 as officers conducted security checks. Cook was pronounced dead at the scene. Goodman died at a hospital on Sept 7.
Their car was parked outside a Smokey Bones restaurant in Fayetteville.
Fayetteville police said robbery was the motive, WNCN-TV reported.
“Part of me is sad over the fact that it was done because of something as simple as a robbery,” Goodman’s father told the station.
David Goodman said his son had seven children and an eighth on the way.
The integration of the US military has been more successful than in other parts of society–because of the minimum IQ for entry into the armed forces–but it hasn’t been been universally successful.
Examples of this non-success:
- The Multicultural Military Success Story—Its (Deliberately) Forgotten Failures
- Gangs In The Military—But Not “Hate Groups”
- Single Moms In The Army
- Army Sociologists In A Tizzy Over Too Many White Officers in Combat Units
- A Politicized, Diverse Officer Corps—Is Obama Building A Military Fit For A Dictator?
- Army Football Coach Fired For Not Recruiting Enough Accused Rapists
- USNA–United States Naval Affirmative Action Academy Exposed
- Diversity Is Our…”Strategic Imperative”?
- Education Theorist Ted Sizer And The Myth Of The “Military Model”