One of this week’s lighter items is a case of over-the-top environmental fussiness:
This is from Portland, Oregon, which is one of the whitest big cities in the nation — 72 percent non-Hispanic white — and also one of the most liberal. Funny how that works.
Being liberal, Portlanders tend to environmental extremes; hence the story. I`ll just read it to you off the USA Today website, quote:
“Portland water officials are discarding 38 million gallons of drinking water after a 19-year-old was caught urinating into one of the city`s reservoirs.”
End quote. I guess it’s up to me to remind Portland water officials of the W.C. Fields quote, when someone offered him a glass of water: “Water? That’s what fish copulate in, isn’t it?” It’s also what birds and small rodents take dumps in, and amphibians lay their eggs in. Leastways, I’m assuming that if the reservoir fence is not sufficient to keep out a teenage human being, it probably doesn’t keep out sparrows, rats, and frogs.
That’s straightforward logic, though; and we’re talking liberals here — people who don’t have much use for straightforward logic unless it affirms their moral superiority over the rest of us.
The full Radio Derb playbill:
- When will the college bubble pop? (And what shall we do with all the buildings?)
- A forgiveness too far. (To err is human, to forgive is so white.)
- Bloomie wants you to be safe. (From his own armed bodyguards?)
- Our tasteless elites. (Stalin kitsch for the power-couple’s kitchen.)
- Suicide by jellyfish. (Coding our calamities.)
- The monkey and the football. (How the feds manage healthcare.)
- Widows dropped from planes. (They play rough in Dixie.)
- The black wigger. (Psychoanalyzing the President.)
- Putting the “P” in “Portland.” (The big flush.)
It’s all there at Taki’s Magazine.