Some Gyno-American named Melinda Wenner Moyer posted a more than usually emetic piece on Slate.com under the title “Teaching Tolerance: How white parents should talk to their young kids about race.”
I thought I had cleared that up for everybody two years ago, but apparently not. Ms. Moyer:
Last summer, my family moved from Brooklyn to a small town in the Hudson Valley. We love our new life, but one thing about the community is not so great: It’s predominantly white.
I have a little fun with that. Radio Derb:
According to her byline, Ms. Moyer lives in Cold Spring, which is indeed in the Hudson Valley: a town of 2,000 people, 0.45 percent of whom are black. Let me see, 0.45 percent of 2,000 … I make that nine people. One thousand nine hundred and ninety-one white people, nine black people. That’s just barely enough blacks for a basketball team.
A few minutes with my gazeteer showed me that Ms. Moyer could easily have found a much blacker community than that. Wappinger’s Falls is only ten miles away, 7½ percent black, and original home of Tawana Brawley—what more recommendation could you have than that?
Peekskill, ten miles in the other direction, is 25½ percent black—twice the national average. If you don`t mind a longer commute, Ms. Moyer—and hey, these are quiet country roads, and it’s a small price to pay for some vibrant, enriching diversity—twenty miles north there’s Poughkeepsie, which is 36 percent black, nearly three times the national average!
Perhaps Ms. Moyer wasn’t diligent enough in her house-hunting.
And what’s “not so great” about the town being predominantly white? The U.S.A. is predominantly white, Ma’am. Is the U.S.A. “not so great”? No, please don’t answer that.
The full Radio Derb playbill:
- People shape countries. (Advice for the Heritage Foundation.)
- We hate socialism … not. (ObamaCare just makes the bogus boguser.)
- Climate science, climate politics. (Dueling reports.)
- Liberal escapes diversity, feels guilty! (A nasty case of white ethnomasochism.)
- Wind and water … and mud. (A regrettable lapse into Schadenfreude.)
- Yogi chokes chicken. (Get a grip on yourself, man!)
- The Pyongyang Marathon. (Listen for the starting gun.)
- Medals for drone jockeys? (Courage or kill numbers?)
It’s all there at Taki’s Magazine.