Obama’s Plea For Border Control Money An Opportunity, If The Republicans Are Willing To Take It
And note that this wave of illegal aliens has deliberately targeted the Rio Grande Valley for a reason.
CBS News June 29, 2014 by Associated Press
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama is seeking more than $2 billion to respond to the flood of immigrants illegally crossing the U.S.-Mexico border and asking for new powers to deal with returning immigrant children apprehended while traveling without their parents.
It is obvious that this $2 billion will not include any appropriation for the extension of the very limited border fencing in the Rio Grande Valley.
There appears to be some suggestions that expedited removal will be expanded as well:
The president will ask that the Homeland Security Department be granted the authority to apply “fast track” procedures to the screening and deportation of all immigrant children traveling without their parents, as well as increasing penalties on those who smuggle vulnerable migrants like children across the border.
This, however, is a golden opportunity for the Republicans in the House to use this proposal to counter the ongoing Obama Regime Administrative Amnesty. Here are some suggestions for modifications to the Regime’s proposal, which is still not out yet:
- Take the apparent proposal for a limited expansion of expedited removal and double down, make all aliens, including minors, unlawfully present in the United States, e.g. any alien who entered without inspection (EWI) or was admitted or paroled but remained past the date of admission or parole date, subject to expedited removal without regard to length of unlawful presence, as well as explicitly prohibiting those aliens any access to removal proceedings before the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR).This would give the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) expanded authority needed to address the juvenile illegal alien surge as well as the 20 million illegal aliens in the United States. It would also save millions of dollars by restricting review by the EOIR to aliens previously admitted for legal permanent residence, asylees, refugees, and lawfully present non-immigrant aliens. This reform would also discourage future illegal immigration if there was swift and certain deportation.
- A non-feasance section that prohibits DHS employees and political appointees from ignoring any provision of immigration law to the benefit of an alien. Make a violation of this section explicitly an impeachable offense and for civil-service employees, a mandatory termination offense. Prohibit disciplining of civil service employees who take immigration law enforcement action mandated by law. This would give civil service employees standing to seek an end to the Administrative Amnesty. Mandate that the DHS Office of Inspector General and Director of the Office of Personnel Management enforce this provision on civil service employees. Make failure to enforce this provision a criminal offense with a 10 year statute of limitations, with applicability to political appointees as well.
- Of Obama’s $2 billion request, appropriate $1 billion for and mandate emergency construction of additional border fencing in the Rio Grande Valley at the cost of approximately $400,000.00 per mile.
- Reform asylum and refugee law to prohibit future applications based on fear of crime, victimization, civil war, terrorism, other domestic conflict, transvestism, cross-dressing, homosexuality, or based on any action by a non-state actor.
- Prohibit future asylum applications by aliens unlawfully present including those aliens who violated their conditions of lawful admission.
- Prohibit asylum applications by aliens who enter lawfully except those aliens from totalitarian nations, e.g. North Korea, Cuba, Sudan, and Iran, unless a significant political event occurred that would indicate that the applicant would have met the definition of refugee.
- Prohibit approval of current asylum applications who entered the United States other than Cuban citizens.
- Prohibit and revoke employment authorization for any alien not admitted or paroled. (This would end the DACA program)
- Prohibit the parole of any alien unlawfully present in the United States, except an alien needed to testify at a criminal trial or providing information on a national security threat to the United States.
- Allow any U.S. citizen to seek a writ of mandamus to enforce any provision of immigration law against any individual alien or group of aliens unlawfully present.
- Deport any alien who enters the United States from Mexico or Canada will be removed to that country.
This would put the Obama Regime on the spot, daring a veto of Obama’s own request. A veto would expose Obama’s hypocrisy and dishonesty on the immigration issue.
Politics is hardball, time for John Boehner and Kevin McCarthy to stand up the Obama Regime Administrative Amnesty and regain the trust of the American people.