On Labor Day, Good News For American Workers In Trump’s America—But Look Out For “DREAMers”!
This is what I wrote last year on Labor Day:
So, as you see [at left] is Donald Trump. [Trump reaches out to Teamsters union, By Harper Neidig, The Hill, May 7, 2016] However, the Democrats, the Main Stream Media, the Republican Establishment, and what’s left of the Organized Labor movement seem think that favoring American workers is wrong. The leadership of the Teamster’s Union, for example has endorsed Hillary. Actual Teamsters (mostly white male American workers) are likely to be voting for Trump.
We are seeing some good signs of a Trump Effect on American labor. One is from this NPR story, which points out that there are a lot of jobs out there for American workers, although employers haven’t quite adjusted:
Cappelli says another part of the problem is that employers haven’t adjusted to new conditions. For years they’ve had their choice of workers desperate for a job. Now, the labor market has tightened, but many employers haven’t responded, he says.
“Wages have not gone up despite all the talk about a tight labor market. And I think most important for the economy, we still don’t see lots of employers being willing to take people in right out of school and train them for jobs,” Cappelli says.
[U.S. Employers Struggle To Match Workers With Open Jobs, All Things Considered, August 31, 2017. Emphasis added]
A tight labor market, with less immigrant competition, is the best thing for American workers—the economists who keep insisting that immigrants somehow don’t lower wages are simply denying the Law of Supply and Demand. (A much more anti-science stance than anything you can see on either side of the “global warming” debate.)
Also, according to Ed Rubenstein’s analysis of the latest job numbers (which we’ll publish after Labor Day) the Americanization of the American workforce under President Trump is real, and accelerating –the immigrant population is falling for first time since Great Recession.
However, there is one thing that does somewhat threaten young Americans looking for jobs—the presence in America of (at least) 800, 000 younger illegals (despite the propaganda, they’re not children) called DREAMers who were actually given work permits by Obama under the DACA pseudo-amnesty. These young illegals, mostly citizens of Mexico, are taking jobs Americans would do—if the jobs hadn’t been stolen, a point we’ve made repeatedly:
- National Data | “Deal With DACA With Heart”? What About American Millennials?
- San Francisco Bay Area Faces 65,000 DREAMers Transformed into Legal Workers
- Arrogant Illegal Raymond Partolan Shows Why Trump MUST End DACA
- The Fulford File | Illegal Alien Poster Boy Jose Antonio Vargas—Lawbreaker, Liar, Displacer of American Workers, Treason Lobbyist, Thief.
There has is some danger that Trump will allow himself to be talked into making the DACA pseudo-Amnesty permanent, although the people urging him to do so aren’t his, or America’s, friends:
If the DACA kids are so great, why don't you want them back in Mexico? https://t.co/K7i5dtLad9
— Mr. X (@stillglomar) September 2, 2017
During the election, Trump was talking up the obvious point that the people who should be having the “American Dream” are young Americans:
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) September 3, 2017
This is why Donald Trump had so little trouble “displacing” Jeb Bush.
However, if Trump can’t find it in his heart to put American workers ahead of illegals, he may find himself “displaced” in 2020—although not, thank God, by anyone named either Bush or Clinton.
Below is our previous Labor Day coverage, going back to 2001—things are looking better in 2017.
On this Labor Day, lets hope that the President can do his job—and let American workers do theirs.
Happy Labor Day!
Previous Labor Day coverage, back to 2001.
- September 5, 2016–Labor Day 2016: More Automation, More Foreign Workers, Fewer Jobs for Americans
- September 3, 2016—Happy Labor Day from VDARE.com–A Celebration Of The AMERICAN Worker!
- September 7, 2015—Labor Day And Immigration—Two Ways Of Looking At It
- August 31, 2014—Rick Santorum, Labor Day, And The Workers Who Would Vote Republican If They Thought The GOP Was On Their Side
- September 2, 2013–Happy Riot-Free Labor Day!—No Thanks To The Economic Policy Institute
- September 3, 2012—No Jobs For Labor Day In ROMNEY`S America, Either?
- September 4, 2011—No Jobs For Labor Day In Obama`s America
- September 5, 2010—A Labor Day Dissent—Dysentery and Immigration
- September 6, 2009—Message On Labor Day: Working America Needs An Immigration Moratorium.
- September 5, 2009—Labor Day Motto: Moratorium Now! More evidence from Canada
- August 31, 2008—Labor Day In Mississippi—Job Openings For Americans After Raids
- September 2, 2007—The Fulford File Labor Day Lament: Where Have You Gone, Samuel Gompers, Dennis Kearney, Cesar Chavez, A. Philip Randolph?
- September 1, 2007—Happy Labor Day-AFL-CIO fights to lower US wages!
- August 31, 2007—For Labor Day, Good News From The Lodi, CA. Vineyards— Plenty of Workers (and Machines) For This Year`s Grape Harvest
- August 31, 2007—Happy Labor Day Teamsters–Here Come Mexican Truckers!
- September 4, 2006—Labor Day through the Looking Glass
- September 3, 2006—Labor Day In Cardinal Mahony`s Alta California
- September 4, 2005—Labor Day vs. Day Labor
- September 2, 2005—View From Lodi, CA: Labor Day—As the Rich Get Richer….
- September 5, 2004—Thinking About Jobs On Labor Day
- September 3, 2004—UnConventional Opinions for Labor Day
- September 3, 2003 WSJ Edit Page`s Labor Day Revisionism
- August 31, 2003—Unhappy Labor (Investor/Taxpayer) Day?
- August 30, 2002—View from Lodi, CA: A Labor Day Lament
- September 2, 2001—Happy (Fairly Priced) Labor Day!